"People will shun me" - excerpt from White Heaven Women





Lillian picked up a small ragged book and held it high for people to see. Everyone stretched their necks to get a better look and to take more photographs.

She placed the scruffy looking diary back onto the podium, opened its wrinkled yellow pages and spoke to the crowd. “This attention-grabbing account begins in the Whitehaven township in 1899 with these words:
'Dear diary, my mother does not know what father is doing to me each night. I’m only fourteen years of age and he hath made me with child. If I tell mamma, whatever will she say? What am I to do? People will shun me.' ”

The room fell into a tomblike silence, with neither a breath nor murmur audible while Lillian continued her address.


US  http://www.amazon.com/White-Heaven-Women-ebook/dp/B008SDDGV6/

UK http://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Heaven-Women-ebook/dp/B008SDDGV6/




Discover in the TRUE audio story below ( 3 minutes ) why the ghosts are blue and not another colour, like white as most ghosts are depicted.






No comments: